Contract NRA R.062-080-2016/1F: Consulting Engineering Services for the Special Maintenance on National Route R62 Section 8 Kareedouw (Km 0.00) to N2/R62 I/C (Km 33.0)
National Route R62 is situated in the Eastern Cape Province and falls within the Kou-Kamma Local Municipality. The contract extends from Kareedouw (km 0.0) to the R62/R102 Intersection (km 33.6). The appointed Contractor for the project was Mamlambo Construction. The scope for this project included:
- Widening the road surfaced shoulders to improve road safety;
- Repairing of the existing drainage structures and installing new drains.
- Repairing road defects by asphalt surface patching, base patching, crack sealing, slurry texture correction and rut filling.
- Repair of minor structural defects on bridge structures
- Repair and/or replacement of existing guardrails and fence.
- Installation of new road signs where deemed necessary.
- Improvement of Kareedouw Town by providing kerbs, channels pedestrian sidewalks, new street lights and asphalt overlay; and
- Construction of a new 14/7 mm S-E1 double seal.